Are you looking for a savings facility that will give you high returns? Or you may be looking for a low-interest rate housing loan? That is exactly what Pag-IBIG Fund is for. Don’t worry if you are not a member yet! You may now complete the registration online and this article will show you step by step, with screenshots of how to register in Pag-IBIG.
What is Pag-IBIG Fund?
Pag-IBIG Fund is a government-owned office under the Department of Human Settlements and Urban Development (DHSUD) of the Philippines. It is in charge of the administration of the affordable shelter and national savings program for Filipinos.
In the first quarter of 2022, Pag-IBIG Fund granted a record-high ₱24.20 billion in home loans, an increase of 16% compared to the same quarter in 2021. It also declared a record-high in 2021 savings dividends, which is ₱31.79 billion.
In February 2022, Pag IBIG Fund reported its record-high ₱34.73 billion 2021 net income, despite the Covid-19 pandemic.
Pag-IBIG Fund is undoubtedly one of the most profitable government corporations today but what’s in it for you? Read on as we bring you the benefits of being a Pag-IBIG Fund member.
Pag-IBIG Fund member benefits
These are the benefits that you don’t want to miss:
- Multi-Purpose Loan
As a Pag-IBIG Fund member, you can borrow up to 80% of your Pag-IBIG Regular Savings, in as fast as 2 days! It comes at 10.5%* per annum.
Borrow up to ₱6 million at low-interest rates and flexible terms. The Pag-IBIG Fund Affordable Housing Loan Program, which is designed for low-income members, offers a subsidized rate of 3%* per annum. Its highest interest rate for regular members is 10% for the 30-year term.
- Calamity loan
If you need financial assistance to recover from a calamity, the Pag-IBIG fund is ready to give you immediate assistance, with a low-interest rate of 5.95%* per annum.
- Regular Savings
These are your mandatory monthly contributions, which you can withdraw after 20 years of membership. In 2021, the Pag-IBIG Regular Savings dividend rate is 5.50%.
- MP2 Savings
This special savings facility lets you earn a higher dividend rate than the mandatory Pag-IBIG Regular Savings. It has a 5-year maturity, designed for members who want to save long-term. In 2021, the office reported a dividend rate of 6%. It has remained higher than other financial vehicles in the market today.
Discounts and Rewards
- You don’t only get low-interest rates on your loans and high dividend rates on your savings, you also get discounts and rewards! With Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus, you can enjoy exclusive discounts on more than 300 establishments nationwide. It also serves as your cash card for your loan and dividends proceeds.
You can also check out our article on OFW Loans in the Philippines for other financing possibilities.
What are the Requirements for Pag-IBIG Online Registration?
Now that we know the benefits, you may be more than excited to proceed with the registration. But first, let’s check who is qualified to be a Pag-IBIG Fund member and what information you will need to get started.
Pag-IBIG Fund Member Eligibility:
- Private employees
- Government employees
- Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW)
- Non-working spouse
- Unemployed Filipinos
- Former Pag-IBIG members
- Barangay Officials
Prepare the Following Information:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Active mobile number
- Mother’s maiden name
- Permanent and present address
- Email address
- Heirs’ personal information
- Employment history (if applicable)
Pag-IBIG Online Registration: Step by Step
- To prevent difficulty in viewing the registration page, we recommend using the latest version of Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox Mozilla, and Safari.
Go to the Pag-IBIG Fund registration page and complete the required fields. Note that you can only register once. If you are already a member but don’t have your Pag-IBIG Membership MID number, read on as we will show you how to retrieve it, because the system will not allow you to register again.
- If your name is not registered with Pag-IBIG Fund yet, you will be directed to the Online membership Registration page, as shown below. Complete the required details for all the tabs, from Member Info to Summary. Make sure to check every detail provided to avoid any discrepancies.
- Again, check that all your information is correct. Submit your registration to complete.
- Once submitted, the Successful Registration page will appear and you will be prompted to print your Member’s Data Form with your Registration Tracking Number (RTN). Do not forget to print or download and save it for your reference. You will also immediately receive a text confirmation of your registration.
- The completion page also includes the instructions for your next step, as follows:
- After 2-3 business days, send a text message to one of the following numbers to verify your permanent Pag-IBIG MID number, using this format:
Example: IDSTAT RTN 01/01/2001
Send your text message to:
Globe and Touch Mobile: 0917-888-4363
Smart, Talk n Text, Sun, and Red Mobile: 0918-898-4363
- Wait for your Pag-IBIG MID number within 3 business days.
- Once you already have your Pag-IBIG MID number, you now have the option to register to Virtual Pag-IBIG to view your savings, submit loan applications, and more. Before you proceed, prepare the following:
- Loyalty Card Plus or Pag-IBIG MID number
- Passport or 2 valid IDs
- To register, go to the Virtual Pag-IBIG page and click on Create Account.
- You will have three options to register:
- Via your Loyalty Card Plus
- Create and Activate your account online if you do not have a Loyalty Card Plus yet, but you already have your MID number.
- Account Creation for OFWs.
- Fill out the required fields (This page shows the Create and Activate process without Loyalty Card Plus). Make sure to provide your active phone number as this is where the OTP will be sent to confirm your information.
- Confirm the OTP sent to your mobile.
- Complete the required information.
- Verify your place of birth and mother’s maiden name, then upload a picture of your passport. If you do not have a passport, you may upload pictures of two valid IDs instead.
Take note of the allowed file types: JPG, JPEG, PNG, and BMP
And allowed file size: 3 MB
- Next, upload a selfie showing the ID or IDs you uploaded on Step 12. Make sure that the identity details are readable. Once again, check that all your details are correct before submitting the page.
- Once submitted, you will get this pop-up message below. You will receive a confirmation text on your mobile. All you have to do now is to wait for the text message within 3 working days saying that your account is completely set up, which will also prompt you to create your Virtual Pag-IBIG password.
Once your Virtual Pag-IBIG account is activated, you may start viewing your Pag-IBIG Savings and Loan records and enjoy many other services and benefits stated above.
Pag-IBIG Member FAQs
To help you further, we have collated the most commonly asked questions and searched for the answers for you:
What if my picture is more than 3 MB?
- You may compress the image before uploading it.
How can I get my Pag-IBIG registration number online?
- After completing the Pag-IBIG Fund online registration, your Registration Tracking Number (RTN) will be displayed on the confirmation page (see Step 4). You will also get a text confirmation within 3 business days with your Registration Tracking Number (RTN).
How can I retrieve my Pag-IBIG MID number?
- Go to Virtual Pag-IBIG page
- Select Be a Member
- Then Verify MID No.
- Put in your full name, Date of Birth, and Registration Tracking Number (RTN) to retrieve your MID number.
What are the accepted IDs by Pag-IBIG Fund?
- Present Company ID
- Government Services Insurance System (GSIS) E-Card
- Social Security System (SSS) Card
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID
- Driver’s License
- Government Office and GOCC ID:
- Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) ID
- Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID
- Postal ID
- Voters ID
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- Senior Citizen Card
What is Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus?
- The Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus is one of the most affordable government-issued IDs in the Philippines today, which you can get for only ₱125. It serves as your Pag-IBIG cash card, which allows you to enjoy exclusive discounts and rewards. This replaced the old payment methods of the office – bank cards and cheque disbursement.
Is Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus a valid ID?
- No, but you may use it in all Pag-IBIG Fund transactions.
I didn’t get a text response with my permanent Pag-IBIG MID number. What should I do?
- You may go to the branch or contact the Pag-IBIG Fund hotline below.
How can I get in touch with Pag-IBIG Fund without going to the branch?
If you haven’t received a text message, or if you are encountering any issues with your registration, you may get in touch with Pag-IBIG Fund offices using the details below:
- You may call 8 -PAG-IBIG or 8-724-4244.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chat support at https://www.pagibigfundservices.com/virtualpagibig/
- Facebook page@PagIBIGFundOfficialPage
There you have the detailed step-by-step tutorial on completing your Pag-IBIG Fund registration online and the answers to the frequently asked questions that we gathered. We hope this article helps you become a Pag-IBIG fund member and enjoy the many benefits we mentioned above. Share this article with your family and friends, and save this for later!